Saturday, September 25

Raw is definately a process

What is it to 'go' raw? How do you 'do' it? Is it a mindset or simply an exploration into being? To a point I have found it simple to include more nutrient dense enzyme rich living foods into my way of life, many of these things were already gently considered and apart of my food engagement. But I have noticed that on the last few days I have gravitated to warm easy to digest comforting and sustaining cooked wholefoods, I am in no way passing judgement on cooked things being diminished in value - there is something to be said for the 37• degree soup idea (my Chinese Doctor once explained that the digestive system is like '37• degree soup and when it's not working very well you want to put things in it that are close to that temperature and consistancy so it doesn't have to work so hard) - I guess I'm just noticing that other than green smoothies and salads, I'm not sure what to eat, and I wonder what you need to make raw 'work'? how can you get all that you need when it is cold, you are feeling a bit run down and leading an active lifestyle? Eating a high proportion of fruit and nuts doesnt sit well with me or my body, yet there is something very nourishing about eating a bowl of cooked brown rice. I am open to this playful adventure of experimenting and finding a sustainable wonderment of food love for life, and love the simplicity of eating a high amount of homegrown greens and wild edibles from my garden. The future is definately local and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...