Saturday, September 25

This dish gives me so much joy

I can't explain it but this is the most perfectly right thing I have perhaps ever eaten, on a soul nutritional level! Haha, how is that for exaggeration or exclamation? At least the best thing that I have eaten lately, it truly makes me feel joyous and nourished. I made it a few days ago and only posted the photos but haven't written up the recipe. It is loosely based on recipes I have brushed past for raw cauliflower 'cous cous' but I wouldn't call it that rather just 'something delicious that occurs when a very fine cauliflower enters your life,' a much longer meandering title but more apt.
Just now this is how I made it, but I'm sure you'll encounter your own
brilliance if you find a good cauli specimen to work with.
--
process a whole cauliflower in a food processor until fine and grainy, put into a big bowl and add lemon juice and salt, not too much as you will need to adjust to taste as the process continues.
add some de-pipped biodynamic kalamata olives, lots of fresh lemon thyme, a tablespoon of hemp oil, quartered cherry tomatoes...
Then back to the blender, this time either a handful of soaked almonds or sunflower seeds and lots of fresh parsley, blend until it becomes a bit like pesto, mix this thouroughly through your cauliflower and it will make the whole thing go a bit green instead of the pure white of a lone cauli.
one very tiny purple coated garlic, hulled and minced and some lovely big leaves of parsley for texture. It's good to taste it along the way and see how you feel, adjust olive-lemon-salt ratios until delicious and you can't stop 'tasting' it, this means it's ready and you should sit down and enjoy it with a spoon.
I'm sure olive oil and pepper would love to be in on this party and you may choose to invite them. Due to not having much oil around I didn't use it but surprisingly I actually really love the beautifully light and airy quality of this dish as is. Sometimes (quite often) simple really is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...