Monday, September 27

Definately need a rainbow

--
greens from garden, including curly lettuce that tasted salty and dandelion greens
grated carrot
purple cabbage sauerkraut
sprinkle of lentil sprouts
nasturtium
dressing of hemp oil, ume su; umeboshi plum vinegar and organic Eden yellow mustard
then I added a scrambled egg on the side (from our chooks)
I was trying to emulate something similar to my favorite salad I was making when I was Avignon (Sud de France) last year. It was simple - beautiful round leaved lettuce, maybe it's called butterhead in English, carrot lacto-ferment (karotten sauerkraut), delicious gomasio!! (that's what the salad I just made now definately lacked) and a dressing of amazing french biologique mustard, ume su and some organic cold pressed oil made out of yellow flowers. It was the best but the ingredients were all locally specific and I guess all food moments are about time and space and being wherever you are enjoying things as they are. I really enjoyed my rainbow salad moment in the last light of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...