Wednesday, September 22

So long since I've cooked something

After an active day of running, planting seeds and working on a mural in the city I decided that I wanted to eat something warm, cooked and hearty for dinner. Lately I've been eating mostly raw, and mostly smoothies and a lot of greens. A simple highly digestive carbohydrate was called for and so I went down the buckwheat and tempeh bolagnaise route. It was very good, I'm really happy I went there.
--
In one pot cook whole buckwheat, when it's ready add salt, lemon juice and fresh thyme.
In another pot fry chili tempeh (crumbled) with coconut oil and pink salt.
Add lots of grated jap pumpkin and continue frying,
after a little while add juice of 1/2 lemon, handful of sultanas
and when your ready add a tin of canned tomatoes, mash them up and mix through so it all goes nice and saucy, add few tbs of water and allow it to cook a bit further. At some point, perfectly timed the buckwheat will be ready. Serve sauce on top of grain and top with fresh lemon thyme. Olive oil would be a good option.
The pumpkin and coconut oil created a wonderfully sweet and fragrant flavour, buckwheat is very grounding, easy to digest and contains Vitamin P - Rutin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...