Sunday, October 3

Aftermath

This is what the table looked like after the 'seasonal basket challenge', three teams of two were allowed to choose five ingredientsfrom their basket and then had only ten minutes to prepare a dish. I didn't particulary like the time challenge so opted to stay as calm as possible, have no plan and let the ingredients do the talking. We segmented and cut up a heirloom tomato, a pink grapefruit, an avocado, asparagus spears and fresh spearmint. And just like that - our offering. My partner did an amazing job of presentation and I think the success of the dish lay in the incredible pairing of tomato, grapefruit flesh and a little avocado, which when I ate it later I understood what had been achieved, an unsuspecting harmony. We all have different ways of getting there. All food adventures are magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...