Monday, October 25

Chook feed

A month or so ago my friend alerted me to the fact that the chook food I was buying (grain mix for layers) contained all kinds of animal and meat products. There was still a lot of it left and it was expensive so I continued to feed it to them. Last week we finally emptied the bag and today I went to the big pet shop on high street to have a look at their selection. You can buy feed by the kilo there. They have a really nice grain mix (no animals or extra weird things) for $1.50 a kilo. The man told me the mix was designed by some dude doing his masters study (in chook food?) and that they made it up themselves. he told me all the names of the grains and seeds (sorghum, sunflower, safflower etc). It looks really super and I reckon I would eat it, it makes sense to feed them delicious things. I'm also really stoked that I even when I don't have much money I can scramble up some coins and buy a small amount to feed Betsy and Hen. Today I got a 10kg bag for eleven dollars and pushed it home in an old lady shopping trolley. They also have a certified organic feed but it comes in a much bigger bag for $43, next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...