Friday, October 22

In addition to their ability to multi-task, there’s something comfortable and nice about having a jar of vivid lemons on the kitchen counter to keep tabs on their progess every morning, like a flowering Amaryllis bulb or a family of Sea Monkeys coming to life. I’m keeping a vigilant eye on my lemons daily, noticing how much juice they’re giving off, how soft they’re getting, and enjoying how they gently deflate and nestle themselves against each other as they settle nicely into the corners of my vintage glass canning jar (which I barely rescued from the clutches of some madame at a flea market last summer.)
David lebovitz

By Diva on January 1, 2007 5:04 AM
David… lemons are much better than sea monkeys!

Although I have never tasted a sea monkey….
I learned to do mine in slices, from a Moroccan girl nearby where I am in Tuscany, she also mentioned that her mom sometimes freezes the lemons to speed them along.

I use extra virgin olive oil to cover the top too, and preserve them even just a little more!
I don’t throw away the lemon part, but also use it in my dishes.

It does give a real WOW to anything it is served with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...