Friday, August 13

Sour-Dosa

Sourdough Dosa (Indian pancakes)
I have made these three times in the last week following along the path of the recipe in Wild Fermentation. Each time I have made variances and experimenta.
- the basic idea is to soak rice and lentils separately overnight and then grind them up, make a thick batter and ferment it for a few days.
--
I have used brown rice and organic white rice and preferred the later as it was much easier to grind. I have just been using my mortar and pestle because I enjoy using it, and don't mind a coarser grind, the rice turns into powdered snow. Traditionally Sosa calls for urad lentils but I used whole red lentils. Instead of plain water I used cobnut kefir which kick started the souring process. When ready to cook add salt and water to thin the mixture then fry in ghee or coconut oil. These were really great and it was such a revelation that I could make pancakes without needing flour bug rather by sprouting things and smashing them, yeh!

Eating dosa
Dosa with mashed pumpkin and a fried egg for dinner before taking the rest of the mixture to Fermentation Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...