Thursday, December 30

Epic yet humble

In between performing, as a joker, jester, clown at woodford folk festival and sleeping I worked away on a raw cheesecake creation. I hitched into town for ingredients and soaked and ground everything in the mortar and pestle in Tash's kitchen. It took days, and there was a point when almost on the line of ready but it needed berries. It needed fresh fruity squish and so I hitched into town again especially to acquire the special finishing touch of raspberries and put in the fridge for the final setting. After performing and partying I arrived home at 2am to indulge in the pure delight of my raspberry cheesecake, it was so good, so what I needed on so many levels. And up to that point the complete highlight of my week.
Not only was it delicious but I could also feel it revitalizing my vital energy. Thankyou universe for this cake. I devoured so much of it and then the sensible and sharing part of me (luckily) stepped in and saved many tiny slices for all the wonderful people around me to try and delight in.
--
crust
-
pecans
dates
lime juice
salt
raw cacao powder
carob powder
few spoons of coconut water
-
cream
-
really raw cashews soaked 24 hours and then skins peeled off
ground in mortar and pestle with
lime juice, fresh vanilla seeds, salt
and 1/3 cup coconut butter
flesh from 1 and 1/2 young Thai coconuts
and 1/2 cup coconut water
-
lush topping
-
1 heaped tsp agar agar boiled in a cup of water for 5 minutes
450g of frozen raspberries (half mixed in and squished into agar solution andthen some whole on top)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...