Saturday, November 27

Salty salty floating

I've joined a gym, the south pacific health club, it's in St kilda on the beach, it's like a whole new world, a different planet from the one I have been living on. It's great and really wonderful, they have a free 30 day trial, so I jumped to the opportunity and signed up. So at the very least I willbe a member for 29 days. I have spent the last three days there, 3 or 4 hours at a time. The St kilda sea baths is apart of the complex, it is a salt water pool. It is very very salty and makes you feel buoyantly alive. There is a hydrotherapy pool and a steam room. There are also many Feldenkrais and yoga classes. I haven't reallyventured near the machines yet but have thus far had an amazing time. The pool is really lively and you can look out across the sea, the dirty oily bay that you would never swim in but is still a vast body of water to look out upon and connect with something greater. I love this place, it's like a retreat, I just finished an iyengar yoga class which looked at opening and strengthing the shoulder to support and preserve the lower back. I feel stronger and like my arms have come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...