Tuesday, November 2

Nasturtium: Vegan Supper Club in NY

I've blogged about Scott Winegard and his awesome Celebration of Vegetables before, but this morning I was reading this article on the Underground Dining NY blog and got all re-inspired-and-excited about Scott's Supper Club Nasturtium.
1. I would super like to go to New York and partake in the eating
2. I would super love to go and meet and cook with many of the other amazing living foods and gourmet vegetable chefs that seem to exist far away on other continents.
3. I would love to start my own supper club and hold events like Nasturtium. A quarterly seasonal celebration of life and vegetables. I love planning menus and responding to ingredients. I also love the printed menu and asthetic of the whole production.
4. I think I will make my own supper club. It seems that there is a lot of support for it in New York, but travel is not so feasible and so we shall just continue to keep on making here cool.
5. How formal should this kind of thing be? In a house? In a restaurant? In another kind of venue? In a gallery? As an interactive performance art piece? Everything being carefully curated? What kind of space could I use? Handy if it had a kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...