Monday, November 29

Brambleberries with my grandad

I picked up some brambleberries at the same posh supermarket that sold edible flowers. I shared them with my grandad for the celebration of my birthday (better than cake!).
Grandad told me a story about how before he was married he used to organise the parish ball's in south Melbourne. The first two years they used a caterer and so only broke even. The third year they decided to do the catering themselves. His brother knew someone down on the docks and organised getting a super fresh supply of delicious crabs. At the time pineapple juice was a brand new craze and grandad knew someone that could get it in the city and so they got 60 gallons of amazing pineapple juice. And then there was a lady, another family friend that had a special copper pot for brewing coffee and she made up a big pot of the beautiful coffee. Such a great story I loved it. People working together to dine on food love.

There were six brands of organic tahini on the shelf, unfortunately none of them are technically raw and most made from imported ingredients. I got agar agar too to play with, I might make mango jelly with some of the mangos I got from the markets yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...